Friday, May 22, 2009

THE HAIR UP THERE.


I guess I should explain this "
Once A Cheater, Never A Lover" Project. It's basically taking 1 picture a day for 100 days. Than if I still like it, I'll go for another 100. Than another 100. Than another. And another. Well, you get the point. The reason I'm doing this is because it's meant to be inspirational for other photographers all artists I should say- to create something new every day. I feel like it's therapy in order for me to stay motivated and stay pushed. To see differently and shoot ordinarily. It's like a treatment and motive to shoot like this. So far, I've shot at least 1 scene. On Day 3, I shot about 20 that I fully liked so I posted more than 1. Some days, I'll probably shoot only 1 image.

I went through a phase recently where I didn't like photography and it just got boring for awhile. I saw a lot of the same thing and it was perpetuated with what everybody else was doing. Everybody had the vignette, hard contrast stuff. It's cool, don't get me wrong- but when
EVERYONE is doing it, it got saturated with work made with a stamp on it. I hope with this project, I show the diverse craft in my work. That I could do the dark moody cityscape but also take a landscape and have it just as emotional. I hope I can take a raw street shot and a cute flower under the same breath.

I hope with this project it inspires you to shoot everyday. I hope this project brings people together and see photography as forever evolving into something bigger than just a picture. I want people to create art that grows, that increases the process of inorganic accretion. I hope people look at this to share the love we all have for art. I hope we can all make great art and stand alone. Because really, that's what it's all about.

(4)


by kylewong.