Sunday, April 25, 2010

OPEN SESAME.

A grip of galleries opened up their shows on Chung King Road today. I never get the chance to attend our neighbor's openings anymore so I thought I'd change that today. Me and a friend made a quick round to just a few of the pop shops happening tonight.

I wish I shot more and honestly, these pictures do no justice to actually seeing these in person. I suck anyway.

First up, Charlie James Gallery.



These are all made out of yarn and cloth.. But still.. yum-yum.

Kathryn Brennan Gallery at Cottage Home. "LAst Show".

It's Kathryn Brennan's last LA exhibition as her gallery is on the move to the East Coast. New York City specifically (Lower East Side specifically + 2). Pulled out all the stops with this one. I think it was a great way to go out. The (huge) Cottage Home space made sure the gallery went out with a bang. Bang.



Last stop: The Box..

Mini film festival. Ginger ale. Cookies. Enough said.


by kyle wong