Sunday, June 21, 2009

SONG TO POPPA.


My Mom and Dad were the first to support my brothers and I's decision to pursue careers in the arts. When you come from a family of tradition, a background not typically known in the arts, it was a choice that only we could make. To be honest, I didn't really think my parents would understand the vision we had and the opportunities we were looking for. I was wrong. My parents never judged one time the talent my brothers and I were capable of achieving.

Anyways, my Father is everything to me. When we were a lot younger, me and my brothers were a nightmare. You can ask him. But no matter what, he never lost faith. His guidance, his strength, his wisdom and words were never far away. It was tough, but that same perspicuity is what makes me the man I am today. I feel now that I'm older, I understand the sacrifices he has made to allow for me and my brothers to live this dream. We are living a fantasy through his eyes. I just want to make him proud just as I am for him.

I will never forget what he has done for me and my brothers.

Thanks for everything, Poppa. I still owe you a truck.

by kylewong.