Sunday, March 28, 2010

TAKE NOTE.

My first mini-publication, suicide notes to self will be released one week from today on Easter Sunday (April 4th).

I can't wait for people to get their hands on it. It's been 4 years in the making and I'm proud of the product I've brought forth. So many revisions, edits, starting over (twice).. but the final piece is set.

I felt this is the perfect time to drop a mini "zine" because I've been so inspired by my peers that have done the same. But what I wanted to do was create a piece that was not just pragmatic but highly innovative. Something to spark not just artists but everyday people as well. I wanted to create something different. Even the title alone sets the tone for the book.

Another special note about this book is that none of these photos are new. Nothing was shot within the past year. This was the state I was in when I was younger and I felt for my first book (this is the first of a 3 part series..), I wanted to introduce myself in the past tense. Again, different? Maybe.

More information will be on the way as we approach the release date..

by kyle wong